PATENT FOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS IN VIETNAM
• Name, address and nationality of the Applicant(s);
• Name, address and nationality of the Designer(s);
• Title of the design;
• The class in which the design is to be registered according to the Locarno International Classification (if possible);
• Information about Priority right including: Country, application number and filing date of the original application from which priority is claimed (if priority is claimed).
• Power of Attorney from Applicant to VIPATCO (notarization is not required)
(The copy of the PoA is accepted for filing application but the original one must be submitted within 01 month from the filing date);
• Deed of assignment of application right from the Designer(s)/or Applicant to the other Applicant (The copy of the Deed of assignment of the application right is accepted for filing application but the original one must be submitted within 01 month from the filing date), (if any);
• Deed of assignment of the Priority Rights where the Applicant is different from the Applicant has been having the Priority Right (The copy of the Deed of assignment of the priority rights is accepted for filing application but the original one must be submitted within 01 month from the filing date), (if any);
• Certified Priority Document (The copy of the Priority document is accepted for filing application but the Certified Priority Document must be submitted within 01 month from the filing date), (if any);
• 06 sets of pictures (photographs or drawings) illustrating the design. All pictures not be smaller than 6cm x 9cm and not be larger than 21cm x 29cm. All pictures must be made in the same scale. There must be as many pictures of the design as it is taken to show all of the different sides and perspective views of the design.
• Description of the design in English (If any).
• The validity term of the registration is 05 years from the regular filing date and effective from the granting date, with possible extension of two additional 5-year periods (Max. validity term of Certificate is 15 years);
• Different variations of a design can be filed in a single application or separate applications. In the latter case, a statement that the design is one variation of the previously filed design is required. All variations of a design are granted with only one Certificate;
• Time for claiming priority rights under Paris Convention is 06 months from the priority date;
• Time period from the filing to granting date is about 10-12 months, of which 01-2 months is for formality examination and 08 -10 months is for substantive examination.