REGISTRATION OF TRADEMARKS IN VIETNAM
1. Full name, address and nationality of the applicant;
2. Description of the trademark: meaning, colors claimed, translation or transliteration of characters into English if the mark contains characters not that are Latin alphabet;
3. List of goods/services to be covered by the trademark and if possible the class(es) of the respective goods/services according to the International Classification (if known);
4. Country, application number and filing date of the original application from which priority is claimed (if priority is claimed).
1. Power of Attorney from the Applicant to VIPATCO (notarization is not required);
(Copy of the Power of Attorney can be accepted at the time of filing application, but the original one must be submitted within 01 month from the filing date).
2. 12 specimens of the mark (the size of each specimen is not smaller than 20mm x 20mm and not larger than 80mm x 80mm);
3. Certified Priority Document(s) and English translation thereof (if Convention priority is claimed).
• A trademark application can cover more than one class;
• The time limit from the filing to granting date is 09 -12 months, of which 01- 02 month is for formality examination and 08 -10 months is for substantive examination;
• The protection title of a trademark is a Trademark Registration Certificate, which is effective from the granting date;
• The validity term of a Trademark Registration Certificate is 10 years from the regular filing date and can then be renewed indefinitely for consecutive periods of 10 years;
• A Trademark Registration Certificate can be suspended by a request made by any third party if it is not used in 05 successive years without any proper reason.