INDUSTRIAL DESIGN IN LAOS
1. Name, address and nationality of the applicant;
2. Name, address and nationality of the designer;
3. Title of the design (stating the article for which registration is sought);
4. Country, application number and filing date of the original foreign application from which priority is claimed (if priority is claimed).
1. A notarized Power of Attorney from Applicant to VIPATCO;
2. A notarized Deed of Assignment if the applicant and the designer are not the same (if any);
3. 06 sets of photographs/ drawings in the same ratio comprising front, back, top, bottom, left, right and perspective views. Dimension of representation is 210mm x 297mm (A4 size);
4. Detailed description of the design;
5. Certified copy of Priority Documents (if any).
• The validity term of the registration is 05 years from the regular filing date and effective from the granting date, with possible extension of two additional 5-year periods (Max. validity term of Certificate is 15 years);
• Different variations of a design can be filed in a single application or separate applications. In the latter case, a statement that the design is one variation of the previously filed design is required. All variations of a design are granted with only one Certificate;
• Time for claiming priority rights under Paris Convention is 06 months from the priority date;
• Time period from the filing to granting date is about 7 months, of which 01-2 months is for formality examination and 5-6 months is for substantive examination.